HDR - Area of research
Higher degrees by research (HDR) are offered across a broad range of disciplines. Also Postgraduate study allows students to become experts, see how graduate research degrees in the ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences will take you into the next stage of your life.
- Arts (Visual and Digital)
- Art History and Curatorial Studies
- Australian Indigenous Studies
- Biographical Research and Writing
- Biological Anthropology
- Digital Humanities
- Forensic Anthropology
- Gender, Sexuality and Culture
- Human Evolutionary Biology
- Interdisciplinary and Cross-Cultural Studies
- Linguistics and Applied Linguistics
- Literary Studies
- Middle East and Central Asian Studies
- Museums, Collection and Heritage
- Political Science and International Relations
- Social Research & Methods
A range of graduate research scholarships are available for HDR students.
The two scholarships that are most relevant to HDR students are: the Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP) Stipend Scholarship; and ANU University Research Scholarships (URS) Stipend Scholarship.
International students receiving an AGRTP or URS Stipend scholarship in a CASS HDR program will also receive a full tuition fee scholarship. Competition for international students is always very strong and only the most outstanding students are likely to receive a scholarship offer.
Find out more about applying for an MPhil or PhD in the College of Arts and Social Sciences.
For more information email us or phone +61 (02) 6125 2898.