Student Forms


Form Explanation

Late enrolment

If you are attempting to enrol in a course after Monday of Week Two of any semester, you will need to print out this form and gain the course convenor's approval (by their signature on the form) that they approve your late entry. You will also need to fill out the enrolment change form (as described below) and submit both documents together to our office.
Enrolment change

Use this form if you cannot for any reason enrol in a course. Try going to the School involved first to get a permission code if it is before Week One.

Late withdrawal

For students who were unable to drop their enrolment before census date, due to unforeseen circumstances.

ISIS form

Assessment extension request

Application for extension of time to submit an assessment task in a CASS course. Do not use this assessment extension request for Honours theses. Use this link (as described below) instead.

Thesis extension request

Application for extension of time to submit a CASS Honours or Masters (Advanced) theses. You may also need to submit a revised Thesis Supervisor confirmation from if you require a particularly long extension.

Special consideration

Use this form to request an examiner to take extenuating circumstances into consideration during the marking of an assessment item.


If you require an extension to the due date of your assessment, do not submit a special consideration form. Use this link to apply for an extension of the due date for an assessment task (as described above).


Students who are unable to sit an examination owing to extenuating circumstances should see deferred examinations.

ISIS form

Deferred examination

Use this form if owing to extenuating circumstances you are unable to attend an exam at the scheduled time. A deferred examination is the sitting of an examination at a time other than the scheduled time/date.


Wherever possible a student should sit their examination at the prescribed time, and if necessary apply for special assessment consideration for the marking of the examination (see above).

ISIS form

Intended majors, minors and specialisation registration

If your program requires a choice of major, minor or specialisation, you can register your intended selection on ISIS -> Academic Records -> Majors, Minors & Specialisations before the Census Date of the semester (31 March  - semester 1 or 31 August - semester 2).

ISIS form

Program leave


For International students, Honours students, postgraduate coursework students who are undertaking the supervised thesis component of their Master (Advanced) degree, and students enrolled in Medicinae ac Chirurgiae Doctoranda, wishing to apply for leave from their program.

ISIS form

Change enrolment - add/drop coursework

  • Reduced Study Load
  • Add Courses - overload
  • Add Courses - 3rd attempt only
  • Reduced study load: For international students who wish to reduce their study load below the required 100%.
  • Overloading: For students wishing to increase their study load above 100%.
  • Third Attempt Course Enrolment: For students wishing to enrol in a course that they will be attempting for the third time. All other courses should be added through ISIS before census date. If you are unable to add a course on ISIS for another reason, you should contact your College to request a permission code. You are strongly encouraged to seek academic advice before you apply for a third attempt.

ISIS form

Program withdrawal/voluntary discontinuation


ISIS form



Credit is the recognition of study not listed in the award rules for the progam of study you are undertaking (e.g. completing a course not listed in the award rules of your Major and having it count).

Credit can be received from:

  • External credit

  • Internal credit

  • Course substitution

  • Exchange

  • Study Abroad

  • Cross institutional study

Form Explanation

External credit

Use this form if you have studied elsewhere before you started your degree at ANU and wish to apply for credit from your previous study.

Internal credit

Use this form if you are a current ANU student and you have transferred between degrees.

Course substitution (for CASS students)

Students needing to submit an course substitution must complete this application form. Please refer to the CASS Credit Guidelines.
Exchange Once you know the courses you are taking overseas please follow the instructions to submit your Exchange Course Approval Packs to the CASS for approval before you leave.

Cross institutional studies

Use this form to apply for study at another university within Australia. You will also need to submit with your application course outlines and a paragraph outlining your reasons for wanting to do cross institutional study. Please refer to the CASS Credit Guidelines.

Study abroad

Use this form to apply for self-sourced study overseas that you wish to count toward your CASS program. Please refer to the CASS Credit Guidelines.


Honours and Masters (Advanced)

Form Explanation

Thesis Supervisor confirmation

Confirm your Supervisor arrangements for honours applications, program leave applications or thesis course enrollment with this form. You may also need to submit a revised form if you require a particularly long thesis submission date extension.

Honours scholarship application

Apply for the CASS Honours Scholarship through this link.

CASS Indigenous Australian Graduate Scholarship application

Apply for the ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences Indigenous Australian Graduate Scholarship through this link.
Search this site only

Updated:  5 August 2019/Responsible Officer:  CASS Marketing & Communications/Page Contact:  CASS Marketing & Communications