Photograph courtesy of Tjabal Indigenous Higher Education Centre.
2019 applications have now closed.
The ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences Indigenous Australian Graduate Scholarship is on offer to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students undertaking full-time or part-time study in any graduate coursework program offered by the ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences.
The successful applicant will receive $2,800 per six-unit course to use for any purpose. Subject to satisfactory performance, the scholarship will automatically continue with each six-unit course within the program, up to a maximum of 96 units.
Who can apply?
ATSI students enrolled or enrolling in a Master or Master (Advanced) program offered by the ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences.
To be eligible for consideration, scholarship applicants must:
- Identify as, and provide confirmation of, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent; and
- Be enrolled or enrolling in a Master or Master (Advanced) program offered by the College of Arts and Social Sciences.
- not previously completed a postgraduate Masters or PhD award at ANU or another institution.
Applicants will be assessed by:
- A Personal Statement of up to 1,000 words outlining the personal and professional benefits of their program of study and how the scholarship would support their study. Applicants are encouraged to include a discussion of relevant prior learning as well as any personal or relevant financial circumstances;
- ANU Academic Record (transcript), or a copy of your latest Academic Record from another institution. You may submit your latest CV for consideration if your most recent academic record is over five years old;
- Two referee reports (referees can be personal, professional, or academic); and
- The contact details of an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander member of the community/ies to which the applicant belongs who can be contacted on the applicant’s behalf about their application and who would be willing to provide a letter of support if requested by the Selection Committee.
How to apply
- Determine whether you can meet the eligibility criteria listed above and in the Conditions of Award (PDF 136KB).
- To apply for the Indigenous Australian Graduate Scholarship please fill out the application form below.
- If not relying on an ANU Academic Record (transcript), then please attach/upload a copy of your latest Academic Record from another institution. You may attach your CV if your most recent academic record is over five years old;
- Please attach your personal statement of up to 1,000 words as detailed above;
- Attach two referee reports as detailed above;
- Contact details of an ATSI member of the community that would be willing to provide a letter of support if requested by the Selection Committee.
- If applying via the hardcopy application form, please email the form and attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please keep a copy of your application for your records.
Prizes and Scholarships Officer
ANU College of Arts & Social Sciences
T +61 2 6125 0388
Associate Professor Deirdre Howard-Wagner
Reconciliation Action Plan Sub-Committee
ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
T +61 6125 3050