Do you have a passion for sharing your university experience and inspiring high school students in their journey? We want you to apply now to become a CASS Student Ambassador!
Share your knowledge and experience of studying Arts at ANU with prospective students. You may be asked to provide advice on:
- Bachelor degrees and/or graduate programs offered by the ANU College of Arts & Social Sciences.
- Your area of study.
- Moving to and/or living in Canberra.
- Accommodation, services and resources on campus.
- University life and any other aspects of your ANU experience.
As a Student Ambassador you would:
- Receive training on CASS programs.
- Work with the CASS Marketing and Communications team on events, web or social media content.
- Be expected to positively represent the College at events, either locally or interstate.
- Have the opportunity to develop essential professional, teamwork and communication skills.
- Receive the opportunity to particpate in professional development and training opportunities throughout the year.
- Be expected to write short reports on the outcomes of recruitment activities.
Student Ambassadors must:
- Be enrolled in a CASS program either undergraduate or postgraduate. If you are studying a Flexible Double Degree, at least one of your programs must be a CASS program;
- Have completed a minimum of eight courses at the time of your application
- Attend training days for CASS program information;
- Work at ANU Open Day on Saturday 31 August 2019;
- Be willing to be profiled, photographed, and videoed for ANU promotional activities; and
- Hold a Working With Vulnerable People card, or be willing and able to apply for a WWVP card.
The expected time commitment is around 30 hours in 2019, comprising:
- Approximately 3 hours per fortnight during teaching weeks
- 2-3 hours at the end of the semester for reflection/planning and debrief sessions.