All Arts and specialist Arts degrees allow you to select elective subjects of interest as well as your majors as part of your studies. Within the Bachelor of Arts degree alone there are over 40 majors or specialisations available for you to choose.
We offer degrees that will provide students with the skills for whatever path they choose in life. Our status as Australia's national university and our location in the heart of Australia's capital city, ensures students have access to a variety of degrees making the most of who and where we are.
All our degrees
- Bachelor of Philosophy (Honours) - PhB
- Bachelor of Philosophy (Honours) /
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) (NUS)
- Bachelor of Archaeological Practice
- Bachelor of Art History and Curatorship
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Classical Studies
- Bachelor of Criminology
- Bachelor of Design
- Bachelor of Development Studies
- Bachelor of European Studies
- Bachelor of International Relations
- Bachelor of Languages
- Bachelor of Middle Eastern and Central Asian Studies
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Policy Studies
- Bachelor of Political Science
- Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics
- Bachelor of Visual Arts
Flexible double degrees
A flexible double degree allows you to combine an arts degree with another bachelor degree of your choice. You can build your own degree combination to suit both a career path and a personal passion.
Students can combine an arts degree with any of the degrees in the following groups:
- Arts, business, social sciences and sciences
- Engineering and advanced computing
We also offer vertical combined degrees that allow you to add depth and breadth to your qualifcations by completing an undergraduate degree and a postgraduate degree in reduced time
Information on how to apply and selecting your degree preferences for Australian, New Zealand international applicants
To help you explore your study options, have a look at some examples of key study areas and some of the relevant degrees you should consider.
For further details on key study areas please visit our majors and minors page.
Career options and opportunities
There are many opportunities available to ANU students through the Australian National Internships Program that provide professional connections which can be advantageous after you graduate and begin your career.