Indigenous Australian Graduate Scholarship
The ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences Indigenous Australian Graduate Scholarship is on offer to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students undertaking full-time or part-time study in any postgraduate coursework program offered by the ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences.
The successful applicant will receive $2,800 (tax free) per six unit course to use for any purpose. Subject to satisfactory performance, the scholarship will automatically continue with each six unit course within the program, up to a maximum of $22,400.
Semester One 2017 application closing date - Friday 24 February 2017.
Semester Two 2017 application closing date - Friday 28 July 2017.
Who can apply?
Indigenous students enrolled in a Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma, Masters or Masters (Research) program offered by the ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences.
To be eligible for consideration, scholarship applicants must:
- provide proof of Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent and identify as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and be accepted as such by the community/ies in which s/he has been in or associated with;
- fulfil the entry requirements for the relevant postgraduate coursework program or be granted exemption from these requirements on the recommendation of the Associate Dean of Education.
Applicants will be ranked by:
- prior academic record and/or relevant prior learning
- a personal statement (up to 1,000) words) indicating the personal and professional benefits of undertaking the program of study.
Conditions of Award
Download the Conditions of Award (PDF 49KB)
How to apply
- Determine whether you can meet the eligibility criteria listed above and in the Conditions of Award.
- Fill in the application form (use either the online application form below or download the Application Form).
- If not relying on an ANU Academic Record (transcript), then please attach/upload a copy of your latest Academic Record from another institution.
- If obtaining entry under eligibility exemption 3(c) of the Conditions of Award, then please attach/upload your latest CV and your exemption letter from the Associate Dean of Education.
- If applying via the hardcopy Application Form, please mail it and the photocopies of the documents listed above to:
CASS Indigenous Australian Graduate Scholarship
ANU College of Arts & Social Sciences
Student and Education Office
Beryl Rawson Building (13)
CANBERRA ACT 2601
Alternatively you can email the form and attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please keep a copy of your application as we are unable to return them.
ANU College of Arts & Social Sciences Student and Education Office
T +61 2 6125 2898
Ms Alison Alder
ANU College of Arts & Social Sciences Reconciliation Action Plan Sub-Committee
T +61 6125 5817
Online application form
To apply for the Indigenous Australian Graduate Scholarship please fill out the application form below. Please check the eligibility requirements for the scholarship and provide as much information as you can.
This application form is also available as a PDF document: Indigenous Australian Graduate Scholarship (PDF 215KB).