The ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences (CASS) Study Tour and Field Trip Travel Grant is an equity grant for students who are going on an approved short-term domestic or international study tour or field trip that counts toward academic credit.
The travel grant is offered on a rolling basis and you must apply at least three weeks before your departure date. Please allow two - four weeks for an outcome to your application.
Who can apply?
To be eligible you:
- are either a domestic or international student
- are enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program in CASS
- will be enrolled in a short term study tour or field trip course in CASS
- satisfy one or more of the following equity criteria
- recipient of government allowance (Youth Allowance, Austudy, Abstudy)
- refugee status
- proof of financial hardship (if not a recipient of government allowance) in the form of a statutory declaration. A statutory declaration is a written statement which you sign and declare to be true before an authorised witness .You can include details of your normal income / expenses, copy of recent bank account statements, pay slips, and/or other supporting documentation.
Selection is made on the basis of applicants meeting the eligibility criteria. Academic merit may also be considered.
Please note: students who are not enrolled in a coursework program managed by CASS are NOT eligible to apply.
How to apply
- Determine whether you can meet the eligibility criteria listed above and in the Conditions of Award.
- To apply for the CASS Study Tour and Field Trip Travel Grant please fill out the application form below.
Please keep a copy of your application for your records.
Successful applicants will be paid in one instalment prior to departure upon proof of enrolment into the short-term study tour or field trip course. The travel grants are up to $500 for domestic travel, up to $1500 for Asia Pacific travel, and up to $3500 for travel to other parts of the world.
This travel grant will only be offered for 2019, the final cohort of students accepted will travel in the 2020 Summer Session.
Prizes and Scholarships Officer
ANU College of Arts & Social Sciences
T +61 2 6125 0388
To apply for the CASS Study Tour and Field Trip Travel Grant please fill out the application form below. Please check the eligibility requirements for the grant and provide as much information as you can.
Frequently asked questions
What is a Statutory Declaration?
A statutory declaration is a written statement that a person signs and declares to be true and correct before an authorised witness. A person who intentionally makes a false statement in a statutory declaration is guilty of an offence, punishable by significant fines or imprisonment. Statutory declarations do not need to be in a prescribed form but must contain an acknowledgement that it is true and correct and is made in the belief that a person making a false declaration is liable significant penalties.The person making a statutory declaration must sign it in the presence of a person who is authorised to witness the document. Download a template here.
What is an appropriate goverment allowance statement?
This is your latest statement from the government outlining your Youth Allowance, Austudy, Abstudy, Centrelink benefits. You must provide the full document (not just the first page). The statement must be no older than three - six months from the date of your application for the travel grant.