Seeking advice about your plan of study

Academic advice

Your lecturers and tutors are the very best people to advise you on trends and opportunities in your chosen discipline, and to assess your abilities in the discipline. You can find a list of the Major and Minor convenors here.

Course advice

On the other hand, if you want to know how to complete your degree on time, according to the rules, so that you can graduate as quickly as possible, you need to speak to the CASS Student Office team. The CASS Course Advisors will review the courses you have completed and compare them to the rules of the version of the degree in which you are enrolled.

Students are expected to complete their degree according to the rules that were in place at the time they enrolled. So, a student who enrolled in a Bachelor of Arts in 2013 is expected to complete the 2013 version of the program, even if the program has evolved. Students are allowed to count courses that have been more recently added to Majors, Minors, and Specialisations. That is, a student who enrolled in 2013 and intends to complete a Major in Political Science may be allowed to count a course that was added to that Major in 2014. They will not be allowed to count Majors, Minors, and Specialisations that were not named in the version of the degree in which they are enrolled.

Coursework student guide

The 2018 Coursework student guide gives information about understanding the rules of your CASS undergraduate degree.


Search this site only

Updated:  18 June 2018/Responsible Officer:  CASS Marketing & Communications/Page Contact:  CASS Marketing & Communications