Cross Institutional Study

In limited circumstances it may be possible to undertake cross-institutional courses for credit towards ANU Arts programs. Permission for cross-institutional enrolment will normally only be given where:

  • A student’s personal or employment circumstances require her/him to reside away from Canberra for a given semester; or
  • A student is within two semester of completing a degree and is required to move away from Canberra for employment of personal reasons.

Students wishing to undertake cross-institutional study must contact the CASS Student and Education Office. Study on a cross-institutional basis is limited to the equivalent of one years study (48 units) for single degree students and 24 units of study for combined/flexible double degree students.

If you are seeking approval to include cross-institutional courses in your degree you must submit a ‘Request for Cross-Institutional Study’ form in advance of your enrolment at the other institution. Students must attach course descriptions/outlines of course/s for which they are seeking cross-institutional approval. This form is available at the CASS Student and Education Office. You must allow AT LEAST three weeks for processing of this application. On completion of the cross-institutional course/s, you must provide the office with an official transcript of your studies at the other institution for the granting of credit to be confirmed and entered on your academic record. Credit will appear on your record as unspecified credit and does not include the grade you achieved at the other university.

This policy is available in the 2013 Undergraduate Handbook on page 23.

Search this site only

Updated:  15 June 2018/Responsible Officer:  CASS Marketing & Communications/Page Contact:  CASS Marketing & Communications