2015 Alumni awards
ANU is immensely proud of its graduates. The College of Arts and Social Sciences celebrates the achievements of its Alumni and thanks them for all they have done for the ANU, Australia and the world.
The 2015 ANU Alumni Awards saw the College dominate the scene with CASS alumni receiving awards for five of the total eight award categories.
2015 CASS Alumni Award recipients
Five of the total twelve award recipients are CASS Alumni. The details as below:
1. Alumnus of the Year – Professor Michael McRobbie AO FAHA (PhD in Philosophy ’79)
This is the first year this category has a single recipient and is the most prestigious award category.
2. Alumnus of the Year - Innovation & Entrepreneurship– Joint Recipient
Mr Robert Foster (Graduate Diploma of Art-Visual ’86 & BA-Visual ’85)
3. Alumnus of the Year - Research or Academia – Joint Recipient
Professor Howard Morphy FAHA FASSA (PhD in Anthropology ’77)
4. International Alumnus of the Year - Ms Theresa Foo- Yo Mie Yoen - BA (Honours) in (Oriental Studies,’66)
(A reception was held in Singapore on 18 April 2015 to honour her.)
5. Undergraduate Student of the Year – Joint Recipient – Ben Duggan (BA ’13)